Gifted Education eTips: Inquiry Request Below
Gifted Education eTips is a service project of the Colorado Academy of Educators for the Gifted, Talented, and Creative (CAEGTC). It involves series of tips to classroom teachers and other educators who have any role in the education of exceptionally able students, providing information and practical ideas relating to teaching and working with gifted children. Every eTips message includes information about specific ways to recognize gifted students' needs and strategies to address these needs. Messages are short and to the point, and can be printed or saved for future reference and application.
Every teacher has the responsibility to work effectively with all students in every classroom, including gifted and talented students. This means being able to recognize what makes gifted students different from other students and being able to respond to these differences through appropriate instructional and curriculum modifications and strategies. Gifted Education eTips provide short, clear, and do-able strategies that teachers can use to recognize gifted learners and to respond to their educational needs in the classroom setting.
To request an eTips package, simply fill out the eTips Inquiry Form below.
Using a series of messages sent regularly over time provides better opportunity for producing growth and change in professional teachers’ classroom instruction and planning than a single article, larger publication, or presentation. eTips give more exposure to information and ideas spaced over a period of time, with opportunity for reflection and action on the part of recipients. Feedback from users shows that Gifted Education eTips can produce a positive impact on educators’ attitudes, professional knowledge and skill, confidence, and on-the-job behavior in working with gifted children as a consequence of the 10-12 week project.
- Topics for eTips Packages:
- Twice Exceptional (2E) eTip - Click here to download a sample
- Creativity eTip - Click here to download a sample
- High School Gifted eTip - Click here to download a sample
- Middle School Gifted eTip (6th - 8th Grade)- Click here to download a sample
- Intermediate Gifted eTip (3rd - 5th Grade) - Click here to download a sample
- Primary Gifted eTip (KG - 2nd Grade) - Click here to download a sample
- Affective eTip - Click here to download a sample