The Colorado Academy of Educators for the Gifted, Talented, and Creative (CAEGTC) is a professional educational association established in 1992 for the purpose of recognizing, stimulating, strengthening, and nurturing professional excellence in the development and delivery of educational services to the widespread population of gifted, talented, and creative children and youth in schools and districts in Colorado.
Members of the Academy include classroom teachers, gifted education specialists, educational psychologists, counselors, university faculty, educational support personnel, and other professional educators committed to the appropriate education of gifted, talented, and creative students.
The members of the Academy believe...
• in the fundamental right of all children to receive an education commensurate with their talents and abilities;
• gifted, talented, and creative children and youth have special needs that require at least partial special education services;
• it is critical that such services be facilitated and/or delivered by educators who have developed knowledge and skills in teaching and working with gifted, talented, and creative students;
• such knowledge and skill develops with training and experience;
• educators with expertise in gifted education have much to offer other professional educators in increasing their awareness and understanding of gifted, talented, and creative learners;
• in professional excellence and peer review.